Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ItaliaRican in the News

I almost forgot to mention that last month's appearance at the Gong Show at Arlene's Grocery actually got some attention from the New York Press, a weekly alternative newspaper.

For those unfamiliar with the original Gong Show, it was a televised talent show that ran in the 1970s and 80s with the main attraction being the giant gong that was hit to let crappy performers know it was time to get off stage. I was allowed to enter myself as a contestant, with my talent obviously being cooking and although I didn't win the grand prize, the judges didn't bang the gong, either!

I am mentioned briefly in the last paragraph.

There were also spring rolls going around the room made by Missy from the "italiaricankitchen." The whole experience was pleasantly bizarre.
It's only a blurb, but not a bad start.

No comments: